In this lesson you learn how to greet people.
You can greet them differently dependingly on what time of day it is, the persons social status and how much you like to show interest in them:
Some greetings only fits at certain times of the day and others fits at any time:
- Good morning
- Good afternoon
- Good evening
- (Good night – that phrase you can only say as a good bye)
- Hello (this greeting fits in any situation)
- Hi (this greeting fits in any situation)
- Hey! (only with close friends or very informal situations)
- Yo! (only with close friends or very informal situations)
Polite phrases that shows that you care about that person:
- How are you?
- How are you today?
- How is it going?
- How are you doing?
- What´s new?
- What´s up?
Do you want to improve your pronounciation? Here comes a video that shows you many different ways to greet people: